- 700g pumpkin, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 leek, (white bit only) cut in half lengthways, washed, dried and sliced OR two medium onions chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves (about 150g)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs, OR 1 2Tbs fresh herbs
- 1/3 cup trim milk
- Salt and pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes thinly sliced
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 200 degrees and place prepared pumpkin on a baking paper lined tray. Spray with oil spray aerosol and bake until just tender, about 25 minutes.
While the pumpkin is cooking heat a large non stick frying pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the leak or onion and cook for about 5 minutes, until soft but not brown. Turn the heat down if it starts to brown. Add the garlic and cook for a minute, then add the spinach and stir for about 3 minutes, or until it just starts to wilt.
Line a medium sized baking dish with baking paper and spread the pumpkin and leek/onion mixture over the base.
Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and mixed herbs together and pour evenly over the veggies. Lay the tomato slices on top and then scatter the parmesan over.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve with a side salad.
* You could add extra vegetables, or different ones, like broccoli (partially cook small florets first), or mushrooms or zucchini. This is a great dish to use up bits of vegetables lurking in your fridge.