- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp dried coriander
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery (optional)
- 300g of pumpkin cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 x 400g cans of diced tomatoes
- 400g can brown lentils
- 400g can cannellini beans or kidney beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spray a large non stick frypan with cooking oil spray and heat. Add cumin, turmeric, onion and garlic and cook 1 minute. Add celery if using, plus pumpkin and cans of tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add lentils and beans and cook a further 10 minutes, or until pumpkin pieces are cooked and flavours developed. Check for seasoning and season to taste.
Serve with broccoli and green beans, or vegetables of your choice and if desired, a blob of plain yoghurt on top.
* Extra vegetables such as mushrooms and courgettes could be added to the mix to bulk it out.