Smoked Salmon Broth
- 2 medium onions, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 450g kumara or potato, peeled and diced
- 100ml pouch Simon Gault fish stock concentrate
- 2 litres hot water
- 100g smoked salmon, skin removed
- Parsley – optional
Spray a large stock pot or lidded pot with cooking spray and add prepared vegetables over moderate heat. Stir occasionally under tender. Add stock and water, stir well, bring to the boil, then cover and turn heat down to a slow simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Flake the salmon into the pot, stir and simmer very gently for about 15 minutes. Serve with chopped parsley if desired.