Smoked Chicken with Summer Vegetable Medley
Apart from the chicken, just about everything else is optional in this recipe. Use what you have and feel free to add or subtract from what I have used. The amounts of each vegetable is optional too, they are all ‘free’, so eat plenty!
I used quite a lot of garlic cloves – at least a dozen, as once cooked with the other veggies they aren’t strong.
You can use the BBQ or a large non stick pan on the stove to cook the veggies and then either the BBQ hot plate or another pan to sear the smoked chicken slices. You are really just heating the chicken and giving it a bit of colour.
We had fresh beans in the garden so I steamed them and served them alongside the dish, but you could probably cook them in the medley too.
- 400g smoked chicken sliced
Mixture of fresh veggies such as:
- Zucchini – cut into medium thick rings
- Onions – sliced
- Garlic cloves – peeled and sliced medium thick
- Celery – cut diagonally, fairly thick
- Mushrooms – thickly sliced
- Capsicum – sliced
- 1 tsp oil
- Rock salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dried mixed herbs – optional
- Additional: steamed green beans to serve
Heat the oil in a large BBQ dish or non stick pan and add all the veggies and dried herbs if using, cook, tossing, for about 10 minutes or until cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Sear chicken slices and serve alongside vegetable medley.