Smoked Chicken, Leek and Veggie Soup
- 1 large leek, cleaned and sliced
- 3-4 sticks of celery, sliced
- 3-4 medium carrots, diced
- 100g dry soup mix
- 3 x Continental stock pots, Chicken flavour
- 6 cups hot water
- 300g smoked chicken, diced
- Black pepper and salt to taste
Spray a large non stick pot with cooking spray and heat over moderate heat – not too hot. Add leek and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down if necessary as you don’t want to brown it. Add the celery and carrots and cook for another 4 minutes.
Mix the stock pots and hot water together and add to the pot. Add the soup mix and stir well. Cover the pot and simmer gently for about 30 minutes, or until the soup mix is tender. Add the chicken, bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes. Check the seasoning. You probably won’t need to add too much salt as the stock adds salt.