Smoked Chicken and Roast Vegetables
- 1 smoked chicken, skin off, boned. (600g of flesh) Cut into bite sized pieces
- 600g pumpkin, skinned and cut into small cubes
- 2 medium red capsicum, cut into chunks
- 6 whole garlic cloves (more if you love roast garlic)
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 large onion
- Button mushrooms (about 12, or a small bag)
- 2 x 400g cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of dried mixed herbs
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to fan bake 180 degrees or bake 200 degrees. Place the prepared pumpkin, capsicum, garlic and zucchini in an oven dish and toss with the oil. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until just tender. Set aside.
Spray a large non stick pan with cooking spray and sauté onion until soft, add mushrooms and cook a further three minutes. Add smoked chicken, cans of tomatoes, honey and herbs. Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 20 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, then gently stir in roast veggies and heat through.