Serves 6 large or 8 medium
6 large servings = 370 calories each, 8 medium servings = 278 calories each.
- 600g lean beef mince
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup each of diced carrot, sliced zucchini and celery – or red capsicum or mushrooms could be used
- 1 cup each of small broccoli and cauliflower florets
- ½ cup each of frozen peas, corn and green beans
- 2 level tsp beef stock powder
- 2 level tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 level tbs oyster sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 level tbs tomato sauce
- 2 x Weight Watcher brown onion gravy sachet
- 1 ½ cups boiling water approximately
- 1kg potatoes suitable for mashing (Agria are great)
- ¼ cup trim milk – or enough to make a soft mash
- ½ cup grated reduced fat tasty cheese
Chop and prepare all vegetables, including onion, then microwave all in a little water on high for 10 minutes. Stir a couple of times while cooking.
Spray a large non stick frypan (which has a lid) with cooking spray and brown mince over moderate heat. Once cooked, drain any fat off the mince and return it to the pan. Add the stock powder and the sauces. Make up the Weight Watchers gravy with the boiling water, stir well and add to the mix. Bring pan to the boil and add pre cooked, drained vegetables, put lid on and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Make sure the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Keep warm in pan. (if the mixture is too thick you may need to add more water, but you don’t want it too runny)
In another pot cooked the diced potatoes until tender, then drain and mash well with trim milk.
Pour the (still warm/hot) mince mix into a large lasagne dish. Spoon small dobs of mashed potato over the meat mixture and run a fork through to even out. Sprinkle with grated cheese and place under grill until browned on top.