Serves 4. Less than 300 calories per serve.
- 400g seafood marinara – chop bigger pieces into small bite size pieces
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tsp crushed garlic or two chopped fresh cloves
- 350 kumara peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 3 sticks of celery diced
- Small handful of chopped parsley plus extra to serve
- 375ml can of Nestle Carnation Light and Creamy evaporated milk
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder dissolved in 1 ½ cups boiling water OR fish stock
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Cooking oil spray
Spray a large non stick pan with oil spray and sauté onion and garlic one minute. Add the rest of the prepared veggies and sauté a further 3 minutes, stirring, reduce heat if necessary to prevent onion from browning.
Add stock dissolved in water, stir, cover pot and simmer until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes or so. Add rest of ingredients, bring to a gentle boil stirring, then cover pot and simmer gently 10 minutes. Check seasoning and add more salt and pepper if required.
Ideally leave in fridge overnight as the flavours intensify on keeping. Re-heat gently and serve in soup bowls. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and resist the urge to have French bread with it!