Savoury Bacon and Vegetable Slice
- 600g pumpkin peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 180g short cut bacon trimmed of any fat and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 100g mushrooms (or more if you wish), sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped
- 1 head broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 cup trim milk
- 6 eggs
- 1-2 teaspoons of dried mixed herbs
- ½ cup self raising flour
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Turn oven to fan bake 180 degrees and roast pumpkin cubes until just tender, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the chopped bacon in a non-stick fry pan until cooked. Remove, spray the fry pan with cooking spray and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes over a moderate heat to cook, but not brown. Add prepared zucchini, mushrooms and capsicum and cook 3 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender.
Steam the broccoli florets until slightly undercooked then add to the frypan. Add the cooked pumpkin to the fry pan and stir all together, then remove from the heat.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, herbs and seasoning.
Spread the cooked vegetables in a lasagne dish, then pour the egg mixture over the top. Scatter the grated cheese over. Fan bake at 180 degrees for approximately 35 minutes, or until cooked in the centre and the cheese has browned.
Serve with a large salad. This is great leftover for lunches!