Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 400g peeled pumpkin, chopped into large dice
- 250g raw beetroot, peeled and cut into large dice
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 12 fresh garlic cloves, peeled, left whole
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into quarters
Line two baking trays with baking paper and place vegetables on trays. Coat with cooking spray and fan bake at 180 degrees until tender, about 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the vegetable chunks. You may need to remove the garlic and capsicum earlier than the beetroot and pumpkin so keep an eye on it.
Remove from oven and cool. Peel the skin off the capsicum and cut into chunks. Cut garlic cloves in half.
- 6 cups mixed greens (fancy lettuce, baby spinach, kale, rocket, etc)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- Red onion slices
- Cucumber or other salad vegetables as desired
Place leaves on large platter then arrange cooked veggies and remaining salad ingredients on the platter.
Extras – (optional)
- 2 Tbs pine nuts, toasted
- 40g feta, diced
Scatter the pine nuts and feta over the salad and vegetable mixture and serve with a light dressing.
To add more protein, allow either 2 hard boiled eggs, 100g cooked chicken or lean beef, or a small can of tuna or salmon per person.