To achieve good health and maintain a healthy level of body fat requires paying attention to several factors. It’s not just what you eat, but how you live. These articles are for your information, to help educate you about nutrition issues that can impact on your health and well-being, as well as fat loss.
- Are your hormones making you fat?
- Digestion - how it all works
- Do you know your fats? What was considered bad fat may now not be bad for you.
- Eating for Energy
- Effects of Obesity on the Human Body - MRI Images Included
- Elevated Blood Glucose Levels
- Fat Loss – 3 Main Points
- Goal Setting
- Good Bugs, Bad Bugs, Your Diet and Probiotics
- Healthy Habits Check list
- Ideas for meals and snacks for children
- Keeping your immune system strong
- Love your liver
- Mood Foods
- Pre Conception Guidelines
- Sugar – Sweet As or Sweet Poison?
- Stress and how it affects your body
- The importance of protein in your diet
- Type Two Diabetes
- Visceral Fat – W hat is it?
Want to lose weight? Read Lynda's top 10 tips to help you here.
- Tips for living the low carb, high (healthy) fat lifestyle
- Examples of fat to use on a low carb, high fat lifestyle
- Low Carb, High Fat Recipes
- Low Carb Veggies
Download our Food Diary and keep track of what you’re eating. Analysing your food diary is a fantastic way to highlight where you may be going wrong. If you don’t know where you are going wrong, then you can’t change it!
BMI means Body Mass Index, and it provides a measure of the proportion of body fat to total body weight. It is an important tool used by health professionals and others in weight management. Here is a BMI calculator from Sovereign Insurance to learn your own BMI.
Select a good variety of colours from this list of fibrous vegetables
If you are on the Low carb diet focus on above the ground veggies as they are lower in starch than below the ground veggies. See the list of low carb vegetables here.
A healthy balanced lunch consists of a portion of lean protein, half a plate of salad or fibrous veggies and a carbohydrate and/or good fat choice, plus a low calorie dressing, hummus or sauce, or a small amount of oil as a dressing. Read more here
Do you need a super quick, healthy meal when you have limited time. Click here for some suggestions.
No time to exercise? No excuses with this quick workout you can do at home.
Follow these tips to keep motivated and on top of your weight loss goals.