Quick Bean Salad
- 420g can Five Bean Mix (I used Select, Woolworths brand)
- 2 sticks of celery chopped into small pieces
- 1 red capsicum cut into small pieces
- ½ medium red onion cut into small pieces
- 2 tbs lite dressing
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley or other fresh herbs as desired
Drain beans and then mix all together, sprinkling parsley on top.
Serve in lettuce ‘cups’ together with a protein source (cottage cheese, ham, tuna, etc)
* Veggies can be altered to suit personal tastes – sliced, raw button mushrooms could be added, or chunks of cucumber, grated carrot, etc.