Pumpkin and Orange Soup
- ½ large pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2-3 medium onions, chopped
- 2-3 sticks of celery (optional)
- 1 litre of Campells Liquid chicken stock or similar
- 1-2 medium ripe oranges – zest and juice
- Black pepper, ground
To Serve – per person
- 2 slices eye (rindless) bacon, trimmed of fat, dry fried and chopped
- Plain, low fat yoghurt
Spray a large non stick pan with cooking spray and cook onion for a few minutes over a low-ish heat. Add celery if using. Add chopped pumpkin, stock, juice and zest of oranges and black pepper. Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is well cooked. Add salt to taste.
Blend until smooth, put in serving bowls, add 2 slices of chopped, cooked bacon per bowl and a big blob of yoghurt on top.