285 Calories per serve
- 1 kilo potatoes finely sliced (easy using the slicing blade of a food processor)
- Cooking spray
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 500g very lean beef mince
- 1 cup each of onion, carrots, capsicum and celery diced
- 1 x 420g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup (140g) tomato paste
- 1 x 420g can tomato soup
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- Black pepper
- 1 tbs lite margarine
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup reduced fat grated tasty cheese
Preheat oven to 180 fan bake.
Cook finely sliced potatoes until barely tender.
Spray a large non stick pan with cooking spray and sauté garlic and mince until cooked. Add veggies and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add canned tomatoes, tomato paste and soup and mix well. Add stock powder, herbs and black pepper to taste. Boil gently for 3 minutes then turn off.
To make white sauce:
Melt margarine in a medium size pan, add flour and combine. Slowly add milk, using a whisk to avoid lumps. Add parmesan and pepper to taste.
To assemble lasagne:
Spray a large lasagne dish with cooking spray and place half the potato slices over the base. Cover with half the mince mixture. Repeat the layers then spread white sauce over final mince layer. Sprinkle cheese on top and cover with tinfoil which has been sprayed with cooking spray to stop cheese sticking. Bake 45 minutes then remove foil and bake a further 30 minutes or until potato is tender.
It’s good to let this dish stand to firm up a little before cutting.