Super Easy One Pot Creamy Chicken
- 400g cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 slices eye bacon, fat removed
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 290g can Watties Very Special Country Chicken soup
- 37g Sachet Maggi Creme of Chicken soup powder
- 3 tsp mild mustard, like mild American or Dijon
- Plenty of ground black pepper and ½ tsp salt if desired
- 4 cups frozen vegetables (not peas and corn if you are watching your waistline)
Spray a non stick pan with cooking spray and cook onion for 2 minutes, add bacon and mushrooms and cook another 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the soup powder.
Three quarter fill the empty, un-rinsed tin of soup with water, swill around and pour into pot. Put chicken soup powder into the empty tin and half fill with hot water, stir soup powder to dissolve then pour into pot. Stir all well and simmer gently for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure it doesn’t stick to the bottom and add more water if necessary.
Serve with additional veggies such as broccoli and spinach if desired.
This would be make a great pie filling for those adding complex carbohydrates into their evening meal. Simply tip into a baking dish and top with mashed kumara or potato. Bake in a hot oven for about 15 -20 minutes or until it is heated through. Great comfort food!