- 600g skinless chicken breast diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup capsicum diced
- few sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 x 415g can refried beans
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp dried cumin
- 2 tsp paprika (smoked paprika gives a lovely smoky flavour – 2 small tsp is plenty if using smoked paprika)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder
- cooking spray
In a large non stick pan coated with cooking spray sauté the chicken and garlic for about 4 minutes. Add the onion, capsicum and mushrooms, if using, and cook a further 2 minutes. Add cumin, paprika, oregano, chilli powder and stock powder and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and refried beans and mix well. Bring to boil then simmer for 2 minutes. Serve with lightly cooked veggies such as broccoli, cauli, beans and carrots.
To make this dish vegetarian, replace the chicken with two cans of kidney beans and replace the chicken stock powder with vegetable stock powder.