Low Carb Shepherd's Pie and Cauliflower Mash
- 2 Tbs olive oil or coconut oil
- 750g beef mince
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cups low carb veggies (mushrooms, capsicum, celery, courgettes, etc) – diced
- 2/3 of a 140g pot of tomato paste (freeze the rest) (100g)
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Grated cheese
- Cauliflower mash
Heat oil in pan and saute the mince, garlic and onion for a couple of minutes. Add tomato paste, mixed herbs and prepared veggies. Cook over low heat until veggies are tender. Add a little water if the mixture is a bit dry. Ideally, let the mixture simmer gently for about 20 minutes to develop the flavours. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pour into a greased baking dish and top with cauliflower mash, then sprinkle with grated cheese. Parmesan or Vintage cheese give a lovely strong flavour.
Bake at 180 degrees for around 40 minutes.