Easy Low Carb Seed Bread
Sometimes you just want a slice or two of bread and this bread is so easy to make.
It makes a firm, easy to cut loaf and freezes well.
- ¾ cup Sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup Pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup linseed/flaxseed (whole)
- 2 Tbs Chia seeds
- ¼ cup LSA or ground Linseed
- ¼ cup Psyllium husk
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper – I used about 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- Dried rosemary – optional if you want a ‘herby’ taste, about 1 tsp
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. When ingredients are well combined, leave to sit for 20 minutes to allow seed mix to absorb moisture.
Scrape mixture into a loaf tin. I sprayed the loaf tin with cooking spray and put a piece of baking paper along the bottom of the tin.
Bake at 170 degrees C for around 20 mins until firm and slightly browned on top. Cool. It makes about 10-12 slices.
Low carb topping ideas
- Cheese (+ cucumber / tomato)
- Full fat cream cheese (with or without smoked salmon)
- Use under eggs