Low Carb Pizza
There are various versions of this type of dough around the net, but I have found this one to be fail safe and super easy to make and use.
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbs full fat Cream cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Almond meal
- 2 Tbs Psyllium husk
- 1 rounded teaspoon of dried rosemary or mixed herbs (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbs Tomato paste-choose the lowest sugar version
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 Tomatoes sliced
- Fresh basil, torn (optional)
- ½ medium red onion, sliced or diced finely
- ½ large capsicum, diced
- Mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- ½ cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- Melt Mozzarella and cream cheese until just softened (microwave for 1 minute), add egg and mix well. Add almond meal and psyllium husk, salt and pepper and mix until ingredients are well combined. I whisked the egg into the cheese mixture and then used my hands to combine the dry ingredients into the dough mix. It won’t look completely uniform.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the dough on top. Place a sheet of baking paper over the dough and roll the dough out fairly thinly, to about 3mm thick.
- Spread tomato paste across pizza base, then add tomato, the rest of the toppings, and then the cheese last.
- Bake at 180 degrees fan bake (200 deg non fan) for about 20 minutes or until the base is cooked and the cheese has browned on top.
Most big supermarkets sell Psyllium husk and almond meal.