Low Carb Chicken with Creamy Sauce
A one pan dish that serves 6
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, or 6 x 150g chunks of chicken breasts (skin removed)
- 2 Tbs butter
- Button mushrooms, about 10, thinly sliced (mushrooms are optional)
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 6 sun dried tomatoes, sliced finely*
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup cream
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- A few extra slices of Parmesan to go on top
In a large non stick fry pan melt the butter over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add the remaining ingredients, apart from the additional Parmesan. Stir and bring to the boil, turn the heat down to a rolling boil (not flat out) and let it cook down and thicken a bit. Stir occasionally. This will take about 7-10 minutes. Place the chicken back into the pan and spoon the sauce over. Top with the additional Parmesan and serve with low carb veggies.
*Note: Sundried tomatoes are high in carbs, so only add a few, or leave them out completely if you are trying to keep your carbs very low.