Lamb Burgers with Mushroom 'Buns'
- 600g lamb mince
- ½ large onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed (or 1 good teaspoon of garlic from a jar)
- 1 slice wholegrain toast soaked in 2 Tbs milk, then broken up
- 100g feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tsp dried rosemary (or 1 Tbs fresh)
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- Salt and pepper
- 12 large flat mushrooms for the ‘buns’.
- Oil spray
Mix all the pattie ingredients in a large bowl.
Form into 6 patties and then refrigerate for 15 minutes or longer.
Preheat the BBQ, spray with oil and cook one side until crunchy and brown. Flip over, reduce heat and cook a further 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
While the patties are cooking, cook 12 large flat mushrooms on the hot plate until tender.
To assemble: Place a pattie on top of a mushroom, top with beetroot + salad, then another mushroom.
Serve with extra salad or veggies on the side.