Indian Lentil Dahl
- 1 Cup dried Red lentils (rinsed)
- 2.5 cups water (boiling if you want to save time)
- 1 Onion chopped and fried in a little oil until clear
- 1 Can Watties Indian Spiced Tomatoes
- Chopped vegetables of your choice (cubed carrots, chopped onions, spinach, capsicum, broccoli, whatever you have on hand)
- 1/4 can lite Coconut cream
Combine Lentils and water in a pot
Cook for approx. 10 minutes or until the lentils have started to break up.
Make sure you stir occasionally and check they do not burn.
Add Onion and Tomatoes and vegetables and heat
Add coconut cream last (just before serving) and heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
If you want it thicker – just mix 1 desert spoon of arrowroot or corn flour in ¼ cup of cold water, stir through and heat for a minute.