- 8 eggs beaten with salt and pepper and 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 400g cubed pumpkin – pre-cook in microwave
- 4 cups veggies – mushrooms, capsicum, onion, zucchini, broccoli, etc- chopped (pre-cook broccoli in microwave a little). You can use frozen veggies too, just lightly cook.
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- Additional dried mixed herbs
- 4 tsp grated parmesan or tasty cheese
Preheat oven to fan grill or grill 200 degrees.
Spray a large non stick frypan (which has a handle that can go in the oven) and throw in chopped onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add pre cooked broccoli and pumpkin and the rest of the veggies, apart from the tomato slices. Saute until just cooked.
Pour over the beaten egg mix and tip pan so that it is evenly distributed. Cook over moderate heat for a few minutes then place tomato slices on top, scatter additional dried herbs on the tomato slices and then top with grated cheese.
Put under hot grill and cook until the cheese is just browned and the centre of the frittata is cooked through.
Cut into 4 wedges and serve with salad or veggies.
This re-heats well in the microwave.
Tip: Keep a bag of grated parmesan cheese in the freezer for quick meals like this.