Fat Bombs #1
Makes about 20 mini muffin tin sized bombs, but you can halve the recipe if desired. One fat bomb = a serving when you have a sweet craving.
- ½ cup refined coconut oil
- ½ cup natural nut butter, almond or peanut
- 2-3 Tbs cocoa powder
- 2-4 Tbs natural sweetener, i.e. Natvia or similar
- 20g chocolate, at least 70% cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Melt coconut oil and peanut butter over a gentle heat, add chocolate and cocoa, then stir in sweetener.
Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
Pour the mixture into a pouring jug or cup with a spout to make it easier to pour into moulds. It works out to be 1 Tbs mixture per mould. Refrigerate or freeze until set. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- I prefer using refined coconut oil for fat bombs as it doesn’t have the taste or smell of coconut, but you can use unrefined coconut oil.
- Check your nut butter as some brands have almost twice the amount of carbs per 100g as other brands. I used Pic’s.
- For the moulds, either use silicon moulds, or line the mini cups with individual silicon liners or tinfoil patty cases. You can buy the latter two at $2 shops.
- The amount of sweetener is a guide, taste and sweeten to your preference.
For an alternative, have a look at Fat Bombs #2