Creamy Smoked Chicken and Roast Vegetables
- 400g smoked chicken, shredded
- 300g unpeeled kumara cut into 2cm cubes
- 300g pumpkin cut into 2cm cubes
- 200g unpeeled carrot cut into 2 cm cubes
- 300-400g zucchini cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 large red capsicum cut into chunks (optional)
- 1 large onion chopped finely
- 8 medium sized mushrooms (optional)
- 4 slices eye bacon (100g) cut into small pieces
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 400g tin tomatoes
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp honey
- Ground black pepper
- ½ cup water approximately
- 150g pot lite sour cream
Place all vegetables except the onion and mushrooms into a baking dish and pour over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Scatter the dried rosemary over and mix well to coat the veggies. Fan bake at 200 deg for approximately 40 minutes or until the veggies are cooked. Stir once or twice while cooking.
Spray a large non stick pan with cooking spray and sauté the onion, mushrooms and bacon. Add the undrained tomatoes, chicken, smoked paprika, honey and black pepper and stir well. Bring to the boil then simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the cooked roast vegetables and simmer another 15 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and gently reheat, but do not boil. Add salt only if necessary.
Serve with extra veggies or a big salad.