Creamy Bacon & Egg Pie
- 8 eggs
- 200mls cream
- ¼ of a medium red onion, diced
- 3-4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 100g grated cheese (I used Vintage)
- Couple of handfuls of baby spinach
- Black pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pinch dried mixed herbs
- Grated cheese, about 30g
Whisk the eggs and milk, add all the other base ingredients. Grease and line a 20cm, deep baking dish and pour the mixture in.
Place the halved tomatoes on top, sprinkle with dried mixed herbs and then scatter grated cheese on top.
Bake at 180 degrees for about 45-55 minutes, or until the ‘custard’ is just set. It will depend on the size/depth of your baking dish. For a shallower, longer dish, it will take less time.
Serve with a side salad.