Coconut Flour Porridge
- 2 level tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 level tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or coconut cream
- Natural sweetener if required (Natvia, Stevia, Xylitol)
Optional: Additional cream to pour on top, you could also stir in a small spoonful of coconut butter for creamy coconut yumminess!
- Measure the first four ingredients into a small pot over medium high heat. When it begins to simmer, turn it down to medium and whisk until it begins to thicken. You may need to add a little more water if it is too thick.
- Remove the coconut flour porridge from heat and add the beaten egg, little by little, while whisking continuously. Place back on the heat and continue to whisk until the porridge thickens.
- Remove from the heat and continue to whisk for about 30 seconds before adding the butter, cream, and sweetener, if using.*
*Note: I found it was sweet enough when I poured cream on top.