- 900 chicken, cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into medium dice
- A bag of mushrooms (200g), sliced
- 100g shortcut bacon, cut into medium dice
- 400g can of diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp of chicken stock powder mixed with 1 ½ cups boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs cornflour mixed with enough cold water to make a smooth paste (depending on how much liquid you end up with, you may need to add a little more cornflour)
Spray a large non stick casserole dish with cooking spray and heat over moderate heat. Add chicken and smoked paprika and cook for 5 minutes, tossing chicken occasionally. Add onions and carrots and cook a further 3 minutes, reducing heat if necessary.
Add everything else apart from the cornflour mixture. Bring to the boil, stir then place in a 180 degree oven for 1 ½ hours.
Remove casserole from oven, taste, season and stir in cornflour mixture to thicken. Place casserole back in oven for 10 minutes then serve with fibrous veggies.