Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry
- 500g skinless chicken breasts sliced
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger (optional – use ginger in jar for ease)
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (optional)
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum sliced
- 1/2 green capsicum sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 1 medium carrot sliced into very thin strips
- 1 level tbs fish sauce
- 1 level tbs oyster sauce
- 1 level tbs soy sauce
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
Put cashews in microwave (or under grill) and quickly brown. Watch carefully as they don’t take long. Leave to one side.
Spray wok or non stick pan with cooking spray and saute garlic, ginger (if using) and chicken until cooked. Remove from pan.
Spray pan again and add onion, capsicums, mushrooms and carrots, cook for about 3 minutes and then add chicken and garlic mix back to pan.
Mix cornflour with water and add to pan together with chicken stock powder, sauces, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well until sauce thickens. Sprinkle cashews over top of each serving and serve with plenty of vegies like broccoli, cauliflower, beans and carrots.