Chicken, Bacon and Veggie Soup
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 3-4 medium carrots, diced
- 4-6 sticks celery, sliced
- 500g pumpkin, skinned and chopped
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes + 1 can water
- 600g raw chicken, skin and fat removed, chopped
- 100g eye bacon, fat removed and diced
- 1 x Continental chicken stock pot +4-5 cups boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spray a non-stick stockpot or large non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over a medium heat. Add prepared veggies in order above, cook gently for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent them sticking to the pan. Add prepared chicken and bacon pieces, stir a few minutes, then add combined stock and water.
Place lid on pot/pan and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently for about 50 minutes or so. Stir occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.