Chicken and Veggie Soup
Makes 4 hearty serves
- 2 x Continental chicken stock pot pottles*
- 5 cups hot water
- 1 sachet Maggi Creme of Chicken Soup powder
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 leek sliced
- 3-4 sticks of celery sliced
- 2 unpeeled, medium carrots, diced
- 300g cooked chicken diced
- 50g (about 1/3 cup) red lentils (*OR 400g cooked chicken total)
- Ground black pepper
- Salt if required
Spray a large pan with baking spray and cook onions and leek gently until softened.
Add the rest of the veggies, cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes until softened.
Whisk stock pottles, boiling water and soup powder together until the soup powder has dissolved.
Add to veggies in pan and stir. Add lentils if using. Grind black pepper over.
Put the lid on your pan and simmer very gently for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally so the lentils don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Add cooked chicken, re-heat, taste and season if required.
You can vary the vegetables and vary the amounts of them if you wish.
I found the soup didn’t need any salt added.
*If you don’t have the stock pottles, use a 1 litre pack of chicken stock instead.