Cheesy Vegetable Slice
Serves 4 large or 5 medium servings
- 500 pumpkin or butternut, skinned and sliced thinly
- 150g broccoli cut into small florets
- 150g cauliflower cut into small florets
- 200g mushrooms sliced
- 300g courgettes thinly sliced
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 500g jar of Raguletto pasta sauce (or similar)
- 3 tsp mixed dried herbs
- Bag of baby spinach leaves
- 500g lite cottage cheese
- 40g parmesan cheese grated
Spray a non stick pan with oil and toss in onion and garlic, stir until almost cooked and then add the broccoli, cauliflower, courgettes and mushrooms. Add a little water to steam them until almost cooked. Pour in the jar of pasta sauce and add the mixed herbs, plus ground black pepper and salt to taste. Stir well and simmer 10 minutes.
Peel and thinly slice the pumpkin and cook in the microwave until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
Put the pumpkin on the base of a sprayed ovenproof dish, followed by half the pasta sauce mix, then half the uncooked spinach, the rest of the pasta sauce mix and the remaining spinach. Blob the cottage cheese over the top and then sprinkle with the grated parmesan.
Fan bake 160 degrees (or bake 180 degrees) until the topping is browned, about 25-30 minutes.
Note: Keep a bag of grated parmesan in the freezer for instant use. It will keep almost indefinitely and can be used in frittatas, omelettes, etc