Baked creamy stuffed chicken
For the chicken
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, total about 600g
- 4 tsp pesto
- 100g cream cheese
For the sauce
- Pot of fresh, tomato based pasta sauce, around 400g
- 1 good tsp of dried mixed herbs (optional)
- About 12 button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- Balsamic vinegar, optional, about ¼ - 1/3 cup
- Salt and pepper
Beat the chicken breasts between baking paper until even, thicker than schnitzel. Spread each with 2 tsp pesto and 50g slices of cream cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased baking dish. Place the prepared veggies around the chicken, then pour over the pasta sauce, and herbs if using. Season with salt and pepper, then slosh over the balsamic vinegar. Cover the dish with tinfoil and bake at 180 degrees for about 30-40 minutes, then uncover and cook for another 10 minutes. It will depend on how large and thick your chicken breasts are as to how long they take to cook.
Serve with additional green veggies.
*Note, I am not an ‘exact’ cook and add a bit of this and a bit of that. You can add more low carb veggies to the baking dish or use less, I just used what I had in the fridge. You don’t have to use the balsamic but I think it gave it an interesting flavour.