Bacon and Egg Salad
Per person allow:
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices shortcut or eye bacon trimmed of fat
- 100g cooked pumpkin
+ salad items such as:
- Handful baby spinach leaves (or other salad greens)
- Cherry tomatoes halved
- Small amount red onion finely chopped
- Capsicum, thinly sliced
- Chopped fresh herbs such as parsely or torn basil leaves
- Plus 1 tablespoon of lite dressing of your choice OR 1 teaspoon of oil (with balsamic if you like)
Put eggs in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer for 6 minutes. Drain hot water off and fill pot with cold water several times to cool eggs quickly. Leave to cool, then peel and slice.
Spray a non stick pan with baking spray and cook trimmed bacon slices until starting to crisp up. Place on paper towel to absorb any fat. Chop into small pieces.
Dry roast pumpkin on 180 deg fan bake (200 deg bake) for about 15 minutes, or until just tender. (cook lots of pumpkin for leftovers – weigh after cooking and allow 100g per person) You can shake a little Moroccan spice or other spice/flavouring over the pumpkin before cooking for extra flavour if you like. Cool and chop into bite sized pieces.
Place spinach leaves on plate, then arrange other ingredients on top to your liking.