15 Minute Dahl
- 1 teaspoon black/brown mustard seeds (optional)
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 2.5 cups water (boiling if you want to save time)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 of a 400g can lite coconut cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt – you may need a little more, taste before serving
- Spray a non stick pan and cook onion gently until clear
- Optional: add mustard seeds and cook until popping
- Add lentils and water
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the lentils have started to break up
- Make sure you stir occasionally and check they do not burn.
- Add salt, tomatoes and peas and re-heat. Stir in coconut cream last (just before serving) and heat through.
Serve with broccoli, beans or other fibrous veggies.
Approximately 368 calories per serve + veggies